An engagement party is the perfect way to celebrate your big day as soon as you realize there is going to be a big day! If you are throwing an engagement party or someone is throwing it for you, here are some great tips to make things super easy peasey:
1. Wait. Don’t try to throw it together too fast. Give the couple a few minutes to enjoy their new found status and plan it 2-4 weeks after the engagement.
2. Size. Inviting someone to the engagement party who is then not invited to the wedding can be a bit of a mess for the happy couple. Make sure to double check the invite list with the bride-to-be. When in doubt, don’t invite them to the engagement party.
3. Register. Make sure the couple registers as soon as possible. The registry doesn’t have to be fully complete, but many guests want to bring gifts and a registry makes it that much easier! A registry can help avoid seven new waffle makers.
4. Formality. Formal, informal, suits and ties, shorts and flip flops, it doesn’t matter. Find out what makes the bride and groom most comfortable, as well as the in-laws. Keep in mind that one of the important objectives of the party is to bring the two families together, so make sure it suits both styles.
5. Invite. Keeping in mind the theme and feel of the party, you’ll want the perfect engagement party invitation to set the mood for the party. Look no further than Wedding Paper Divas. Their engagement party invitations are top of the line, affordable, and can be completely personalized. Choose from hundreds of designs, customize them, order and have them either sent directly to the invitees or to you for addressing and stamping. Better yet, order more than $59 worth of invites and you will get free shipping with the code FSHIP13.
6. Fun. This is the first celebration for the new couple, make sure to plan for a fun, relaxing, super special time! Celebrate with the couple, toast to their future, and enjoy the planning.